If you’re looking to start watercolour painting, I’ve recently created a series of introductory videos that take you through everything you need to know. From getting the supplies you need to get started, putting your first colours down on paper to more advanced techniques like using masking fluid and negative painting. Each session will take you through lots of tips and techniques and then there’s a full page pattern making exercise to explore in each one.
- Watercolour Supplies: Paint, Paper and Brushes and Painting a Pebble Pattern
- Colour Mixing and Painting Simple Shapes
- Wet in wet/wet in dry and Painting a Rainbow Pattern
- Washes and Painting a Stripe Pattern
- Brush Control and Painting a Leaf Pattern
- Masking and Painting a Scallop Pattern
- Negative Painting and Painting a Fish Pattern